Starting to Lose Momentum

I can feel it creeping up. The "I really just don't want to anything" beast is rearing its ugly head. I'm sure some of it has to do with how tired I've felt the last couple of days, though today was better. I think it's my cycle of motivation up motivation down and restart.

I still stuck with my daily goals, so that's good and I even folded a basket of laundry (a small one 😕). I also stuck with my meal plan today, though again I added more sugar than usual.

This week's reading goal was to start reading a "self-help" book. So maybe that and getting more sleep will re-energize me.

I got my fifth writing assignment back with some good feedback, so I'll have that to work on as well. I tell myself not to procrastinate about it and forget that I have a month to do it. Otherwise I'll only start working on it a week or a few days before and that's never good news even if I do some of my best work when I'm in a crunch for time.

I really didn't even feel like blogging today, but figured it wouldn't be a good idea to skip a day when I've been consistent. Stopping even for a day is an opening to just drop it for a few years... again.

I've noticed a mix of both positive and negative connotations regarding Resolutions this week. I feel like I agree with both sides most of the time. I was thinking about it today, and I don't remember my parent's ever talking about New Years resolutions. It wasn't until I was in my twenties, I think, that I even knew such a thing existed.

I have mixed feelings about it, but in the end I'm essentially on the bandwagon, but I've talked about this before. So we'll see how things go and how long I can keep it up.


Comments

Popular Posts