Busy Day

The day is finally winding down. I started lunch prep early this morning since my oldest wanted steak for lunch and we decided to use what we had in the freezer and save a buck or two instead of going to a restaurant, then I made lemon bars and after lunch we went to go see a movie.

We were supposed to go out of town to do Laser Tag for her birthday party, but other than her cousins none of her friends were free to go so we canceled or at least postponed since it would be a 5 hour trip and only half the head count for what we would have paid for so it wouldn't have made up for the expense. Too bad they don't have small party prices.

Then we had some friends out and made dinner together and played Cards Against Humanity until around 10. So as fun as it all was I was on the brink of social overload.

If you've ever played Sims 4 with a character that has the Loner Trait, I have to laugh because sometimes I feel like that character. In social settings they will randomly have a little temper tantrum and suddenly be in a bad mood because they haven't had any alone time for a certain period of time.

While I have fun the whole time and I enjoy the company, I sometimes will want nothing more than to go off and do my own thing by myself for an unspecified period of time. I hadn't ever really noticed it until the last year or two. Maybe it wasn't a thing for me before that. And usually it's when I'm with people I don't know very well.

It's not even that I feel grumpy or anxious. And it's not like you can tell someone you've used up your social quota and need to be alone now because that's just asking for trouble. I would probably take it the wrong way too if the roles were reversed.

I guess I'm just weird like that. I wouldn't say I'm socially awkward or anything, I just enjoy my alone time almost as much as I enjoy my social time. I have friends and family that can't hardly stand to have alone time, and that's fine. We're all different.

Social overload or not, today was a good day. I still have to check my e-mail and log what I had for lunch and dinner, but that shouldn't take to terribly long.

Cheers to another successful day and tomorrow starts a new week and a new baby step to add to the mix.

Comments

Popular Posts