Goals, Clutter and Mice

Today is the start of a new week, and so far I've been keeping it up. I think it has helped to keep my goals at a minimum and slowly build them up. I am starting with the easy stuff though so we'll see how things go when I start adding things that I really just don't enjoy doing.

I'm happy to say that I've also kept some of my original weekly goals, if not all of them. So to recap, I cleared out my inbox, kept track of what I ate and I added a meal plan for this week, which I've put together today and just need to stick with the plan for that to be complete.

I also read a magazine today, an entire issue of Nation Geographic from March 2018. I have a ton of magazines but I'm not an avid magazine reader so I've tried to incorporate that into my reading goals for the year and continue with a project I started last year of cleaning out some of my clutter.

I can't say that I'm going to throw out all the magazines when I'm done, but I did cut out a large portion of them last year that I knew I would never read or use. Any articles I thought I might be interested in, I cut out and put in a binder to read later.

I have so many things that are really useless but I keep because I might use them for something or might get to them eventually and last year I realized how much more space I would have and how much more energizing it would be to be clutter free... or as close to clutter free as a procrastinating pack rat can be.

Speaking of rodents... I think I have a mouse in my craft room. I went to use my tablet today and discovered that about an inch long strip of the edge on my case had been gnawed on... grrr...On closer inspection I also found a little mouse turd in the bag that it was in. Don't know why it decided my tablet case was tasty but obviously the plug in pest thing isn't doing it's job. Fired!!

Oddly enough... I have a mouse trap sitting on my desk right above the bag. Not set obviously, but it will be shortly. Mice are cute but don't chew on my stuff dangit!

Sorry... tangent.

Now that my kids are growing older, there are things I've kept for art projects that likely don't even interest them anymore. I don't need twenty shoe boxes, dried up finger paint or paint smocks that simply don't fit them anymore.

I even cleared out a bunch of school papers. I can't believe how many I've accumulated over the last six years. It was really ridiculous!!

I think I cleared out two huge trash bags of useless, unnecessary clutter last year and it felt good. It's a start anyway. I still have a long way to go.

Another weekly goal that I kept today was musical. I decided that at least once a week I would either play the piano, flute, accordion or violin (the last two I'm teaching myself. The first belonged to my grandfather so it has a lot of sentimental value and I've always wanted to learn how to play the violin), or sing karaoke since I have a large collection of CD's and a Karaoke machine my husband got me for Christmas one year that I don't use enough.

So tonight I sang my favorite karaoke songs for at least a half hour. I have to cringe at how out of practice I am at singing. I know I was off key/tune a few times but it was still fun.

Two weeks down and 51 to go and the only way to get there is one day at a time.

Comments

Popular Posts