Day 1: For all intents and Purposes

So... I've had all the tools and know how to start a fitness and weight loss plan for about four to six years now. My motivation level is about the only thing that has really been lacking and it goes up and down, so far there has been no common ground. Either I'm on the "wagon" or I'm not. Whether this time will be different or not, I couldn't really say.
I'm now thirty-three years old, I'm about 5'5.5 and weigh 238 pounds (as of my last weight watcher's meeting two weeks ago). Yes I have two beautiful little girls to use as excuses for my weight gain, but really I don't. After I had my first baby I was only five pounds over what I was when I got pregnant with her. It wasn't until three to six months later that I gained thirty pounds. When I had my second girl I was 200 pounds when I got pregnant, gained the 15 recommended pounds and after I had her I was right back to 200 pounds. About three to six month later I started gaining weight again. Now two years later I'm 38 pounds heavier and the only way to keep from sitting in the middle of my closet crying about all my clothing being too small is to joke about it, or ignore it.
I avoid looking at myself in the mirror as much as possible and try not to get into the vicious circle of eating because I'm depressed, which leads to weight gain, which leads to being more depressed because that's what I was depressed about in the first place. It's very easy to use my kids as an excuse for not exercising as well. "When my youngest is old enough to not need supervision all the time I'll be able to exercise more" is one I've been using a lot.
That is my past, and I'm ready to get started with my future. I have set some goals, and am building a support system that was lacking before. Before it was mainly my husband, and we have a bad habit of sabotaging each other so that doesn't work that well. Now I have my friend at work, my friend in Texas, my friend in Iowa, my niece, and still my husband, to work on this together.
I would like to be 228 pounds by  March 7th just to get things rolling, and I intend to exercise 3 or more times a week (I have someone to work out with now!) and would like to walk during my lunch break at least once a week to start out. I also plan on tracking my food to stay true to the Weight Watchers plan.
Today really wasn't the best beginning day since I've got a terrible sweet tooth and when someone sets a box on donuts on my desk I can't help but eat them. -.- I'm getting better though... I'm down to two instead of three or four. Now if people would just stop bringing them and setting them on MY desk, I'd be good. (:
My niece and I ARE going to do 20 minutes of Zumba tonight, and are going to go dancing tomorrow night, so that will be two nights of exercise to come, and we went for a walk last night, despite the snow LoL... not the best night to start a walking routine.
So, not proud of it but... today I had:

A can of Dr. Pepper (4 points) [bad]
Two donuts (12 points?)  [bad]
Three S'moas (spelling?) Girl Scout Cookies (6 points?)  [bad]
Two or Three candies from my co-workers evil candy jar (3-5 points) [bad]
Two hand fulls of Almonds (?) [good]
A fruit cup (0 points) [good]
20 oz of water so far (0 points) [good]
A bottle of Dr Pepper (8 points)  [bad]
and will be having:
Lasagna [good]
Vegetables [good]
Cheesy Bread stick [ok]

I'm at 33-35 points without counting the unknowns so I'm certainly over my 37 for the day and have used some of the 49 anytime points I have for the week. I'll try to remember to come back and fill in the unknowns later.
Not a good day... I'll work on doing better tomorrow or this is certainly never going to get me anywhere with my goals.

Comments

  1. Blogger ate my comment!

    Glad to see a post!! :D If all of your support system is wanting to get healthy as well, we should all start a contributing blog (1 blog, multiple authors)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... that sounds like a plan if they're interested ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know! I'd totally do so :D It helps keep me honest and accountable. Like...I fail at weekends...seriously bad. lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts