Yay! A Motivated Day!

Today I feel like I was more motivated despite the rocky start!

First thing this morning, my oldest daughter slept in and missed her bus, so I had to scramble to get my youngest daughter ready to get on the bus and get my oldest daughter to school as close to on time as possible and still get to work at my usual time.

Luckily it all worked out and both kids made it to school and I made it to work without any other mishaps.

I was afraid I was going to have another day that I felt like I accomplished little, but I managed to catch up on a few little things as well as make some major headway on a project that I've had to set aside and pick back up again, making it difficult to concentrate on it because it's almost like starting over.

While I didn't do anything fancy for dinner, I did heat up some leftovers and then we managed to find a "Seven Deadly Sins" movie on Netflix to watch.

I think one of my favorite aspects of the series (hopefully without giving away a spoiler) is that one of the characters you come to think of as basically being a background character (not even a supporting character) surprises you with their value almost when you least expect it. I picked up on it early, but when you read as many mystery books as I have you pick up on a lot of the subtle hints... or maybe it just comes from reading a lot.

Lastly I finally submitted my fifth writing assignment just a few minutes ago. I can't say it was my best work, but I haven't finished a story in at least thirteen years so I think it was a huge stepping stone and one thing I've learned from my courses through the Institute of Children's Literature is that the instructors always have constructive positive feedback that doubles as great encouragement.

I also kept up with my baby step goals so all in all today was a success!


Comments

Popular Posts