Excuses Excuses Excuses

Excuses are easy to make. My mom used to basically tell me that excuses weren't good enough, that only reasons counted. 

Thinking back to yesterdays post while I was home for lunch today, I realized my reasons for not having time to get things done in the evening were poorly disguised excuses rather than reasons. There is no reason that I can't fold laundry or declutter the living room or clean up the kitchen while I wait for someone to be ready to do something.

All those things keep me in the same general area and I can still hold a conversation. For that matter, I often fold laundry while watching TV so there is no reason I can't work on that while watching shows with my husband. I get some things off my task list that really need done and still get to enjoy some company and Anime (probably even if they have subtitles) or whatever else we decide to watch.

Even if I'm tired these are things I can do pretty easily. Putting it into practice is key though, so we'll see how it goes.

Of course there's always nights like tonight where you have unexpected company and being social becomes the theme of the evening.

Comments

Popular Posts