Feeling Optimistic

Spring is here! 

And hopefully to stay this time. With spring has come some fresh motivation and so far things are looking up.

I finally finished my 6th writing assignment. Only two more to go and I'm feeling pretty good about the story I chose for my 7th assignment. Hopefully it will go smoothly. I will have to try and get it done early though because June and the beginning of July are looking extremely busy.

My garden is tilled and ready for planting thanks to my awesome husband! It rained a bit tonight so I spend some time with my husband and put off planting it until tomorrow after I get off work. Fingers crossed that the snow is gone and it won't get hailed out this year.

While I haven't gotten my garden planted, I did buy some planters for the porch and planted all my herbs tonight. They should be mostly protected from the wind and should be easy to protect from potential hail storms.

I've managed to grow some wheat grass or "cat grass" since my cats like to eat it and so does my guinea pig, who is amazingly still with us and seems to be doing well. I planted some more tonight so I should have plenty.

My craft room is coming along nicely as far as being organized and with it being more clutter free I'm feeling optimistic that it will be easier to pick out a project and get it done without too many squirrel moments. The more cluttered the room the easier it is to organize instead of do crafts.

I have done a bit more drawing and tried my hand at some acrylic painting. It will take some getting used to and lots of practice since it's a medium I'm not used to and I'm very out of practice with painting in general. Which reminds me, I need to try and get a painting done before my niece comes in June for our family reunion so she can take it home with her and I won't have to ship it.

For my daily goals, I've been keeping up with my e-mails, which is an accomplishment for me. Though I have slowed down on tracking my eating and my sleep so I need to get back to that.

I've been better at keeping up with the house cleaning, but it still needs some TLC and I have several projects that I want to get done around the house and outside this summer. My oldest daughter has "volunteered" to help me out with them so she can make some money.

I should be getting a new car in a couple of weeks! I'm super excited about it. The Escape has been a good vehicle, but it was a necessary trade off at the time from what I actually wanted.

By the way... my cat is sitting directly in front of my monitor right now so I'm typing blindly lol!

Lastly, I get some horse time now! We have friends that needed a new place to keep their three horses (I'm not sure for how long) so while this means I'll possibly have to wait longer to get a horse of my own, at least I'll be able to enjoy theirs.

Things are looking up and I'm trying not to worry that it means something is going to go wrong soon. For now I plan on just moving forward and taking things a day at a time.

Comments

Popular Posts